Chaos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos

For all your Yu-Gi-Oh! discussion needs, come and have fun at the Chaos forums!

+8
Purple Ninja
AozuAkazu
Blaze
Rio
zubby
Squishfield
Ojama Joker
AllWeNeed
12 posters

Strong deck types this format so far.

Marshmallon
    Marshmallon

Strong deck types this format so far. - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong deck types this format so far.

Post  Marshmallon Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:16 am

This seems to be what Konami are doing though, they fill the booster packs with a tonne of cards that support one or two themes heavily, then just fill the rest with random crap that no one is going to use. I much preferred it when expansions were only 60 cards, instead of 90. By all means add in TCG exclusives and OCG cards, but the expansions atm are way too big.
    zubby
    zubby

Strong deck types this format so far. - Page 2 Empty Re: Strong deck types this format so far.

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:22 am

Tbh they have given us a new deck type which is gd, just look at Cloudians for instance, and apart from Infernity Archfeind, which used to be like 2 pounds b4 hype, Inferntiys are a pretty cheap deck to make, and one which is good. Atm this format is fairly diverse, Inferntiys shouldnt change that at all.
    Marshmallon
    Marshmallon

Post  Marshmallon Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 am

What's that gotta do with Cloudians?
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 am

Purple Ninja wrote:How does Frog Monarch work then? does it abuse Treeborn Frog and that new one coming out in the next set or set after that?

Well, this is my current list. Most people go with Battle Faders over the PWWB and Scapegoat but I don't own them )=

3 Light and Darkness Dragon
    3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
    3 Raiza the Storm Monarch
    3 Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
    2 Dark Dust Spirit

3 Subsitoad
    3 Dupe Frog
    3 Swap Frog
    2 Treeborn Frog
    1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    1 Tragoedia

3 Soul Exchange
    2 Pot of Avarice
    1 Brain Control
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Scapegoat

3 Threatening Roar
    1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

Basically, using Subsitoad + your Monster/Soul Exchange/Brain Control, you can go through Swap Frogs, dumping Treeborn/spare Toads in the process, and end the turn with 10 less cards in the deck, a Dupe Frog lock, 2x Treeborn in the Graveyard and then be drawing into Monarchs/other good tribute Monsters each turn. It's really rather good, despite the 27-29 Monsters in main deck.
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 am

lol i think Frog Monarch might do well this format, its doign well at SJC
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 am

zubby wrote:Tbh they have given us a new deck type which is gd, just look at Cloudians for instance, and apart from Infernity Archfeind, which used to be like 2 pounds b4 hype, Inferntiys are a pretty cheap deck to make, and one which is good. Atm this format is fairly diverse, Inferntiys shouldnt change that at all.

Infernity Barrier...
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:47 am

Cata you only need 1 max XD
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:48 am

It's still a secret that people will be utterly hoarding XD
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:49 am

True, but It'll still be much easier to obtain then say DAD first was.
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 am

I can still see it hitting Charge of the Light Brigade levels though
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:51 am

Hmmm yah I see what you mean xD
    I still plan to obtain 1 asap xD
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 am

Don't we all? Razz
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 am

Cata wrote:
    Purple Ninja wrote:How does Frog Monarch work then? does it abuse Treeborn Frog and that new one coming out in the next set or set after that?

Well, this is my current list. Most people go with Battle Faders over the PWWB and Scapegoat but I don't own them )=

3 Light and Darkness Dragon
    3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
    3 Raiza the Storm Monarch
    3 Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
    2 Dark Dust Spirit

3 Subsitoad
    3 Dupe Frog
    3 Swap Frog
    2 Treeborn Frog
    1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    1 Tragoedia

3 Soul Exchange
    2 Pot of Avarice
    1 Brain Control
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Scapegoat

3 Threatening Roar
    1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

Basically, using Subsitoad + your Monster/Soul Exchange/Brain Control, you can go through Swap Frogs, dumping Treeborn/spare Toads in the process, and end the turn with 10 less cards in the deck, a Dupe Frog lock, 2x Treeborn in the Graveyard and then be drawing into Monarchs/other good tribute Monsters each turn. It's really rather good, despite the 27-29 Monsters in main deck.

it must be quick to have 14 tribute monsters in the main deck, bu7t seems like a really good idea
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 pm

AozuAkazu wrote:
    Blaze wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:
    Rio wrote:But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

Whether it's good enough to win Nationals/Jumps etc we'll just have to wait and see.

Infernity are Top Tier/Tier 1 in the OCG. I'm fairly sure they'll do well.

only difference is that we dont have trishula

True, but once we do, I'm sure Frogs will go Top Tier as well.

i faced an annoying frog deck today... it used the monarchs..along with creature swaps enemy controllers, 2 battle faders, 2 cyber valley and the thing that annoyed me more was swap frog...
    AllWeNeed
    AllWeNeed

Post  AllWeNeed Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Frog Monarch is awesome to play, not so fun to play against.
    AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

Post  AozuAkazu Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Blaze wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:
    Blaze wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:
    Rio wrote:But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

Whether it's good enough to win Nationals/Jumps etc we'll just have to wait and see.

Infernity are Top Tier/Tier 1 in the OCG. I'm fairly sure they'll do well.

only difference is that we dont have trishula

True, but once we do, I'm sure Frogs will go Top Tier as well.

i faced an annoying frog deck today... it used the monarchs..along with creature swaps enemy controllers, 2 battle faders, 2 cyber valley and the thing that annoyed me more was swap frog...

When Trishula comes out, Monarchs will be the least of your fears...

I know a frog deck in the OCG that summons Trishula five times on the first turn, hance all your starting hand cards are removed from play. That and you have to depend on your draw to defend from three Trisula.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:18 am

I hear that Quickdraw plants won the SJC in Edison ... that deck is busted ...
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

They did, the deck is great, I nearly have all the cards needed to make it, only 2 Dandylions and 2 Quickdraws.

The 2 main cards of the deck.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:01 pm

easy things they are to get though, but do you have Drill Warriors?
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:09 pm

DET (DRAGON EXODIA TURBO) looks awesome... that needs to be a top tier deck aswell
    AllWeNeed
    AllWeNeed

Post  AllWeNeed Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 am

I wouldn't craze over Dandywarriors or quickdraw plants, they're a bit like Vayu Turbo I think. They can be really fast and such, but if you get the wrong draws you're utterly pooped on.
    afro
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 am

I played the deck at a couple of Locals tbh I found I could draw terrible hands, I also run a different version to everyone else xD
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am

if you are good the deck is brilliant, as proved already, but yeah hands of Tytannial and Dandylion make the deck cry, without Quickdraw the deck breaks really badly
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:23 am

Thats why I prefer to see 3 quickdraw instead of 2 used.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:00 pm