Chaos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos

For all your Yu-Gi-Oh! discussion needs, come and have fun at the Chaos forums!

+8
Purple Ninja
AozuAkazu
Blaze
Rio
zubby
Squishfield
Ojama Joker
AllWeNeed
12 posters

Strong deck types this format so far.

AllWeNeed
    AllWeNeed

Strong deck types this format so far. Empty Strong deck types this format so far.

Post  AllWeNeed Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I know that we could analyze this through regional tops etc. but I have better things to do with my time. So, I simply ask you what do you think is top deck this format, why it is top and if you think anything else will become more awesome.
    Ojama Joker
    Ojama Joker

Strong deck types this format so far. Empty Re: Strong deck types this format so far.

Post  Ojama Joker Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Cat-Synchro variants are running rather well this format, due to the slower pace of the format.
    FlamvellCat is the best version so far, OracleCat is a good variant as well.
    Squishfield
    Squishfield

Strong deck types this format so far. Empty Re: Strong deck types this format so far.

Post  Squishfield Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Glad Beasts
    Blackwing
    Machina Gadget
    FlamCat
    Quickdraw Plants
    And some Anit-Meta/Stun varients.

Thats it I think this format.
    AllWeNeed
    AllWeNeed

Post  AllWeNeed Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 pm

FlamCat is probably the best imo, it is so freaking fast.
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 am

Machina Gadget is a very cheak and easy deck to do well with.
    Quickdraw Decks are also very fun and gd to use.
    Cat Sychro is ok or flam cat but people are learning to play against it.
    GBs havent done as well as people thought they would at start of format.
    Inferntiys....
    Rio

Post  Rio Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 am

Tbh I think that it'll go like this until the next set:

Tier 1
    Cat Synchro (Hug not Flamvell)
    Dragons (I think they'll top if not win New Jersey tbh)
    Machina Gadget
    Blackwing

Tier 2
    Oracle Cat (It's ok but personally I don't like it)
    Quickdraw Plant (Not sure about this,We'll just have to wait and see what happens at new jersey lol)
    Flamvell Cat (Really inconsistent)
    Lightsworn (Really inconsistent)
    Six Samurai
    Gladiator Beast (Abit slow for this format imo)

After TSHD I think it'll be :
    Tier 1
    Infernity
    Blackwing
    Cat
    Dragons
    Fairy

But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

Whether it's good enough to win Nationals/Jumps etc we'll just have to wait and see.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 am

Rio wrote:Tbh I think that it'll go like this until the next set:

Tier 1
    Cat Synchro (Hug not Flamvell)
    Dragons (I think they'll top if not win New Jersey tbh)
    Machina Gadget
    Blackwing

Tier 2
    Oracle Cat (It's ok but personally I don't like it)
    Quickdraw Plant (Not sure about this,We'll just have to wait and see what happens at new jersey lol)
    Flamvell Cat (Really inconsistent)
    Lightsworn (Really inconsistent)
    Six Samurai
    Gladiator Beast (Abit slow for this format imo)

After TSHD I think it'll be :
    Tier 1
    Infernity
    Blackwing
    Cat
    Dragons
    Fairy

But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

Whether it's good enough to win Nationals/Jumps etc we'll just have to wait and see.

i think i like the way you think in terms of dragons being a tier 1 deck =D i still need to find one that does better than disaster cause that tends to struggle against some decks.... (dont understand why people say it struggles against blackwing cause i havent lost a game against them yet...) but the new blue eyes build isnt to bad it can make comebacks pretty well... but i still need to find a way to improve it so it doesnt struggle with draws ect...
    AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

Post  AozuAkazu Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:54 am

Rio wrote:But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

Infernity are Top Tier/Tier 1 in the OCG. I'm fairly sure they'll do well.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:42 am

AozuAkazu wrote:
    Rio wrote:But we'll just have to see how Infernity does,But personally I think it'll be pretty good,

only difference is that we dont have trishula
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:43 am

Dragon Decks that main blue eyes have the most insane draw engine i have seen since Perfect Circle
    Sir Blue Eyes
    Sir Blue Eyes

Post  Sir Blue Eyes Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 am

hmm, may be time to live up to my namesake eh?
    AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

Post  AozuAkazu Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Blaze wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:

only difference is that we dont have trishula

True, but once we do, I'm sure Frogs will go Top Tier as well.
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Flamvell cat is tier one, trust me I run it.

But I would have to say I think the best deck this format is Flamvell Lightsworn, although it hasnt been recognized yet.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:27 am

Lightsworn are still good, but i don't think the flamvell component is needed i can understand why iot is there but the chances of milling the rekindling is a pain in the butt so you lose all of your syncro component aside from possibly PSZ, also Flamvell Cat are very good but i am unsure if they are Tier 1 possibly 1.5 though better than Glad Beasts to my knowledge, lets see what comes out after the NJ SJC
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 am

Flamvell Cat is not inconsistent either.

I just tested it against Blackwings, flamvell Cat won 2-1 without siding.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 am

Yeah but as soon as the new blackwing stuff comes out expect that to change, at the moment they do not nearly have the power that they had last format
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 am

They are still really good now.

I love formats like now, because there is no 1 deck that beats all.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 am

i guess that is true it is leading to more variety this format which is really good, however there are still some really good top decks out there but at least it isn't if you are not running lightsworn you can't win :/
    Blackwingpower
    Blackwingpower

Post  Blackwingpower Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 am

Lightsworns aren't hard to beat this format, and not many people are running it anyway.
    Cata
    Cata
    Admin

Post  Cata Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:20 am

I'm reckoning Frog Monarchs are gonna be a dark horse for much of the format :3 I can see them coming in and out all format, as they'll do well when people don't side Pulling the Rug, so then people won't side Rug, so they'll get more popular again, then Rug gets sided again, repeat 'til fade.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:01 am

How does Frog Monarch work then? does it abuse Treeborn Frog and that new one coming out in the next set or set after that?
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 am

Btw anyone who says Infernitys wont be gd because we dont have Trishual is just silly.
    We have Mist Wurm, though not as gd does the job.
    The TCG Infernity decks will most likly aim for Lv8 Sychros mainly Stardust and Hundred Eyes Dragon.
    People are already got ideas how to get round Faders, Gorz, Trag, e.g. Vanietys Feind + Hundred Eyes Dragon
    I've tested Inferntisy agaisnt x-saber, he beat me a bout 3 times, then I procededed to OTK every other game, bout 7 ish games, with me being able to OTK usally in two turns.

Flamvell Cat is a fairly easy to side against, Nocs, Trap Holes etc It really isnt to hard
    Marshmallon
    Marshmallon

Post  Marshmallon Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:25 am

I coulda sworn you said on the old forum about how Infernities were bad and not gonna be any good. You eating your words now, yes?
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 am

True, but I didnt really give it a test, so after pikcing up 3 Archfeinds decided to test it out,
    Though it may seem broken you can side very easily against it, T-Roars, DD-Crow etc
    Plus as i just explained on msn, if it is as broken as people say i can run it at nats xD
    AllWeNeed
    AllWeNeed

Post  AllWeNeed Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:05 am

Hopefully Infernities will make an impact on the game, but not massivo. That'd really be annoying, Konami finally makes a diverse format and then destroys the whole idea by bringing in an Overpowered deck... Neutral

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 am