Chaos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos

For all your Yu-Gi-Oh! discussion needs, come and have fun at the Chaos forums!

+4
Blaze
Squishfield
Marshmallon
Purple Ninja
8 posters

This game just finds new ways to OTK itself ...

AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

This game just finds new ways to OTK itself ... - Page 2 Empty Re: This game just finds new ways to OTK itself ...

Post  AozuAkazu Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Sir Blue Eyes wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:
    Sir Blue Eyes wrote:tested that yet?

And I think i'll get some Consecrated Lights then! Possibly a Side deck staple for any non-dark deck I think.

Not side deck staple, but a card you could consider for side deck.

And stop trying to make Infernities draw cards, just play Skill Drain!

the quips about drawing cards were jokes man..

I know, I wasn't taking it seriously.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

This game just finds new ways to OTK itself ... - Page 2 Empty Re: This game just finds new ways to OTK itself ...

Post  Purple Ninja Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm

not really cos D.D. crow is spell speed two so is chainable and useable in the opponents turn, doesn't fall into bottomless or anything like that

Kycoo falls into bottomless, D-prison, Mirror Force, just about anythings arms open and is fairly easy to get rid of and predict
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sat May 08, 2010 10:23 am

I was going to create a new topic about INfernities and Siding against them, but i decided since this topic already is talking about that i would post it in here instead

so siding against what is looking to be the most annoying and fustrating deck this format, it has an OTK which is very flexable and can be acheived very quickly and done with minimum difficulty as this is the case unless you are running and maining anti meta / anti Infernity cards, you are probably going to lose game one, this is where you have to rely on your side deck and your side decking skills, there are a lot of things you can use, and there are lots of different options here are a few i am using at the moment

Skill Drain - this one is simple if you can cut off the monsters effects such as Necromancer and Archfeind then they do not do as much as mostly on their own they are not very strong offensivly and will have to wait for some s/t destruction or otherwise wait it out, but you will probably have one or two turns where you can take advantage

Consecrated Light - Stop special summoning and Normal summoning and your opponent is left out in the light, without a leg to stand on, the problem is with this card that you can lose to s/t that play around, such as Mirror force, Torrential etc that can deystroy your monsters, also in this format it is really easy to see being sided in, i am sideing two copies of soul exchange to deal with it against my blackwings at the moment

Karama Cut - the idea surrounding this card is against Infernity Beetle, a lot of Infernity decks are using this card to spam summon Syncro monsters, and its main strength comes from summoning more copies of itself from the deck, and opponents are going to be looking to use this whenever they want to, and when they special summon the two guys, wait for one to get back to the grave (even if they syncro summon once) and drop this card on them, nearly getting rid of their whole syncro element unless they main other tuners, the idea is that you are controlling their graveyard to keep them out of play, another way you can do this is with the Transmigration Prophercy and put back whatever they try to summon with Gun in their deck,. breaking their whole combo for a few turns at most

Dark Bribe - this is a really good idea i have been hearing around, it stops a spell or trap (prefferably Infernity gun) and adds a card to their hand, this could mean you also lock down their whole arsenal of monster effects if they draw into a monster, as well as taking out their spell so it couldn't be used against you, antoher way of dooing this is Magic Drain, because they often don't have any cards in their hand they can't negate the effect of Magic Drain and so have to lose their spell, although you can't possibly shut off their monster effects it does buy you that extra bit of time if you need it

Book of Moon, Royal Oppression, Dark Armed Dragon, Threatening Roar - if you are not maining these then side deck them they do wonders against the deck, providing stall and shutting off effects and special summoning (DAD is not nessecery if not a lot of darks in your deck

D.D. Crow - Works on the same principal as Transmigraion Prophercy and Karma Cut, if you remove the cards from their grave then they can't use them, best thing about D.D. Crow is that it is hard to predict and is chainable being spell speed two, alternativly you can use Kycoo but this is often slower and a pain to get off correctly, especially if they are running a full feild of backrow, you don't know what is under there

those are all the ones i can think of right now, feel free to add anything to the list, it is all an educational excersise, and one that can be doen cheaply if needs be, there is also a new card in the shining darkness, Crevace into the differenct dimension which works on the same bases as d.d. crow but in trap form
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm

could side neospacian glow moss.... makes them draw if its involved in a battle XD some of the koa'ki meirus are good... km drago locks their special summons for example...
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sat May 08, 2010 2:26 pm

problem is that Glow Moss needs to be on the field and isn't chainable so as soon as Mist Wurm comes along you lose
    Ojama Joker
    Ojama Joker

Post  Ojama Joker Sun May 09, 2010 3:51 am

Crack to the Different Dimension
    Compultory Evcation Device
    Two big players against them.

To be honest simple destruction cards, like Raigeki Break, stops Inferity. They have to over extend their hand to gain advantage. So destroy or Remove a card from their field when they have no cards in hand means they lose their option's quickly.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun May 09, 2010 5:20 am

i said about crack Razz but i didn't know about compulsary i'll have to think about using them
    Squishfield
    Squishfield

Post  Squishfield Sun May 09, 2010 7:27 am

DD Crow is the only thing you can side, as you cannot Trunade DD Crow.

I think an excellent counter, is Konami not being stupid and limiting Inferity Launcher, just throwing it out there.
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun May 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Heard Frogs can FTK =P

Sir Blue - I have 3 Concerated lights if you need them for Sat xD
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun May 09, 2010 12:32 pm

yeah they can, but they need Trishula, and we don't have that yet
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun May 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Dont need Trishula at all, my frogs can consistantly FTK and OTK, gunna use them at RB regionals XD
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun May 09, 2010 12:38 pm

well good luck to you xD what do you use to FTK then?
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun May 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Yu-Gi-Oh cards xD lol im not gunna say xD pretty easy to work out XD
    Ojama Joker
    Ojama Joker

Post  Ojama Joker Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm

I've been playing frogs and yes you can OTK in a turn. You can't FTK on the first turn even with japanese frogs, because with japanese frogs just remove all 5 cards from your opening hand and then attack with three 2700 the next turn, so it's still a OTK.

TCG frogs basically playstyle is: double Mist Wurm and a Red Dragon Archfiend. Which is 8000 damage.
    Granted that there's Gorz, Battle Fader, D.D. Crow, Trag to stop them, but that applys for any other deck out there.
    AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

Post  AozuAkazu Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Ojama Joker wrote:I've been playing frogs and yes you can OTK in a turn. You can't FTK on the first turn even with japanese frogs, because with japanese frogs just remove all 5 cards from your opening hand and then attack with three 2700 the next turn, so it's still a OTK.

TCG frogs basically playstyle is: double Mist Wurm and a Red Dragon Archfiend. Which is 8000 damage.
    Granted that there's Gorz, Battle Fader, D.D. Crow, Trag to stop them, but that applys for any other deck out there.

Not the OCG Frogs.

Squishfield wrote:DD Crow is the only thing you can side, as you cannot Trunade DD Crow.

I think an excellent counter, is Konami not being stupid and limiting Inferity Launcher, just throwing it out there.

If you Trunade a Crack, You could chain it but...

Basically, if you're scared of Infernities, side Crack to the Different Dimension and Dark-Imprisoning Mirror.
    Ojama Joker
    Ojama Joker

Post  Ojama Joker Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 am

AozuAkazu wrote:
    Not the OCG Frogs.

Basically, if you're scared of Infernities, side Crack to the Different Dimension and Dark-Imprisoning Mirror.

Or the spell card that turns all Synchros to defense and returns them to the extra deck. T.Roar plus in case your scared of a Heavy or Giant Turn.

Aozu what you mean "Not the OCG Frogs"?
    AozuAkazu
    AozuAkazu

Post  AozuAkazu Mon May 10, 2010 3:15 am

Ojama Joker wrote:
    AozuAkazu wrote:
    Not the OCG Frogs.

Or the spell card that turns all Synchros to defense and returns them to the extra deck. T.Roar plus in case your scared of a Heavy or Giant Turn.

Aozu what you mean "Not the OCG Frogs"?

Except D.D. Crow, I'd like to see people drop Battle Fader, Gorz or Trag with no cards in their hand.
    Ojama Joker
    Ojama Joker

Post  Ojama Joker Mon May 10, 2010 6:58 am

It's possible..

You remove 5 cards then they draw 1. Could be a Gorz or a Battle Fader. Unless you have a Salvage/Sub-Toad and a Pot of Advice in your hand your not gonna get a sixth Trisha.
    Sir Blue Eyes
    Sir Blue Eyes

Post  Sir Blue Eyes Mon May 10, 2010 8:01 am

zubby wrote:Heard Frogs can FTK =P

Sir Blue - I have 3 Concerated lights if you need them for Sat xD

Also I have one of your OTK causers 'shifty eyes'
    Squishfield
    Squishfield

Post  Squishfield Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 am

Frogs FTK by doing damage, won't say how though.
    Sir Blue Eyes
    Sir Blue Eyes

Post  Sir Blue Eyes Sun May 16, 2010 6:45 am

tbh, people were getting pretty sick of them eh Squish?
    they kept saying how rediculous Zack and Matt were with their horribly consistent FTK xD
    zubby
    zubby

Post  zubby Sun May 16, 2010 11:39 am

Lol I also came 2nd today xD FTKing and OTKing my way through xD nats gunna be fun xD
    Squishfield
    Squishfield

Post  Squishfield Sun May 16, 2010 12:31 pm

I had the rediculous misplay of losing the diceroll, and lost before I looked at my hand.

I love this format.
    Purple Ninja
    Purple Ninja

Post  Purple Ninja Sun May 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Squishfield wrote:I had the rediculous misplay of losing the diceroll, and lost before I looked at my hand.

I love this format.

want a mid format ban?
    Squishfield
    Squishfield

Post  Squishfield Sun May 16, 2010 12:35 pm

More like a mid format quit the game as it is terrible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:17 am