Chaos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos

For all your Yu-Gi-Oh! discussion needs, come and have fun at the Chaos forums!

Brighton YU-GI-OH! National Qualifier 9/5/10 2nd Place

Lust For Power
    Lust For Power

Brighton YU-GI-OH! National Qualifier 9/5/10 2nd Place Empty Brighton YU-GI-OH! National Qualifier 9/5/10 2nd Place

Post  Lust For Power Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am

Regional report for Brighton as the name suggests...

My mate Alex came round to get a lift as this is his last chance to qualify for nationals, so we left about 12ish. I attempted to build a deck at 2am that morning but to no avail as I was too tired. I knew I wanted to play something with DCK mained though.

at about 11:55 I'm attempting to make a kinda anti meta deck, with Kycoo, DCK and Tking. I know I'm getting no where with it and I know it can't win so I just think fuck it, I get out my BW YGO TCG playing cards and chuck in 3 DCK. List is kinda average with 2 Sirocco, 1 Vayu, 1 SLR and 3 DCK. Eventually it got dubbed as 'The Dark Knight' by some bloke at the venue. =

So another outstanding list of BW is born and this is the best, and also my best read of the format yet IMO. I knew that a lot of people would play QD, and BW is already a horrid matchup for them, chuck 3 DCK and that's a more or less autoloss. I expected Machina in quite a few number, but only a few were there (there were about 90ish people playing). I only sided 2 CyDra and 1 SD anyway. I decided on the spur of the moment to side the 2ndd Vayu and 3rd Sirocco, I never sided them in and never really expected to, sadly my original side deck is stuck at a mates Sad

There were quite a few GB playing, and very few Synchro Cat, I think Collins was one of the few good players running LS. There were 2 rouges that I played aswell: Abundance OTK, and Herald of Perfection lock, but I'll get to them later. Sadly I only played 1 QD the whole day Sad

In total I played:

1 QD
    2 GB
    1 Frog Monarch
    1 Machina Gadget
    1 Abundance OTK
    1 HOP lock

I went 6-1 and got 2nd, losing only to the 7-0 Frog Monarch.

So we get out of the car etc, go que up to get in, and I am met by a big cuddly Sri Lankan bear, also known as Gehan <3
    I then go inside to find Marc Durrant <3, I don't think I need say much else. The cue is AWFULLY long so we wait downstairs for ages. I play BCSLB Gehan running QD. As soon as I summon DCK he has a WTF?! moment and I win 2-1 because BW > Everything else. Then in comes Sami Sekkoum, who begins to swear about some dickhead at the station and tell everyone he's the best in the world, and summons ze Cat etc. <3 you Sami.

I speak to Luke, Rio, Steve and numerous others throughout the day. Luke goes 5-2, Steve goes 4-3 and no idea how Rio did.

So enough ranting from me, onto the rounds.

Round 1 vs Matt Goodridge with GB

I look at the pairings, I dislike the pairings, I go down and play Matt Goodridge, day ain't startin' too well bruv.

Game 1

His hand is okay, but he runs out of options pretty quickly and his GB's run out, I win.

Game 2

His hand is better than mine and through going first has a lot more options than I do. I lose

Game 3

This game is epic. It downs to the wire, he has Bestiari and Equeste, with 2 Backrows. I have whirlwind. I top like a god into Kalut, summon, go for Gale, synch Goyo and kill Best, don't take it for mildly obvious reasons. I keep topping like a god into BW's and protection like book and slowly whittle his life points to 0. Truly awesome match.

1-0

Marc gets a bye due to the pairings being wrong, and another person gets a bye aswell, this results in a double match loss, this is retarded. RAGE!

Round 2 vs Timothy Cox with QD

This match was plain and simple, he has obviously set a Ryko as he hasn't set a backrow. I then summon Vayu, waste Ryko and then BTH the AFD he gets out later on, he doesn't have anything. I win

Game 2

I have qualified so I don't care for this. He summons Lonefire, goes to put it in the Graveyard, I oppression, he says he won't tribute it. This is retarded, he then wins by blowing up Opp and summoning Tytan which I canny get through.

Game 3

I win, it was epicly easy, same kinda thing as game 1 and he doesn't get anything going.

2-0

Round 3 vs Ren Man with Machina Gadget.

This guy sides zombie world for CyDra's and SD's, lawl, turns out not to help him in the end, he also makes some poor misplays.

Game 1

BW is immense, and it won, that's all I remember xD

Game 2

He plays Zombie world and I have a SD plus Trunade. I have double Shura but no Kalut or protection vs a Gearframe, he summons another, I Royal Opp the Fortress, he suicides, then attacks for 1800, all I really have is Shura and although I then Trunade/SD him he gets me down some how.

Game 3

It comes down to the point where I know I've won, he attacks with Fortress onto a Shura, then plays SIM, I lol as I realise he doesn't know it cannot stop Kalut, I Kalut him, put him on really low, then summon Bora under Whirlwind, get Kalut and game him, I know his Brows are dead as he hasn't played them since he set them on like T1, they turn oout to both be SLR xD

4-0

Round 4 vs Jack with GB

Jack does not have a side, which actually really puts me off, as it means I find it hard to side anything.

Game 1

I have Royal Opp and Shura, but he opens 3 Smash and even the Opp can't stop him. It eventually gets to a point where I can win, but he plays Brain Control on my DCK and kills Bora for game?...

Game 2

I open Oppression, he only gets 1 Smash, I win.

Game 3

He has nothing, I have practically everything, I win.

Game 5 vs Abundance OTK, dunno the guys name, he was foreign and I really disliked him TBH

Game 1

I find out you can't use 2 Sirocco in one turn, and only get him to 4200, he then gets Abundance of ACRR, I try to My Body then find out Abundance sends and doesn't destroy. Sad

Game 2

I get him low immediately, and know to push for as much damage as possible. He goes to 2900, to have any chance he Twisters my Whirlwind but I kill him with Sirocco'd Bora I think.

Game 3

He says it was just luck that I won this, I don't, as I set 2 Oppression, not everyone would of done that, we both opened fine, I had the better deck. He beacons, I Opp, he twisters, then beacons again, I Opp, I then win. Smile

5-0

Round 6 vs Jamie? with HOP lock.

Game 1

He goes Senju into HOP, I read it briefly not really understanding what he's attempting to do, he Honests when I attack Senju. I eventually gain field presence without ever seeing HOP. He then plays Stealth Bird, I realise what is about to happen and Solemn it. I win.

Game 2

He goes Manju into Herald. I summon Armor master. He then Plays Adavanced Ritual Art, dumps 2 Happy Lover and the lv1 Cloudian to summon the HOP, it has 2800 def and can negate any Spell, Trap or monster effect by dumping a fairy. He then plays Dark Factory of Mass Production twice, I then realise that I will NEVER kill the HOP. I then hope to win eventually with Armor Master as I am on 8k, he is on 4k. He then plays Black Illusion Ritual, I scoop it up!

Game 3

By far one of the most tense games I've played this season.

He gets HOP out early, but doesn't play DFOMP. My plan is to Drain his fairies and Book his Consecrated Light. I then misplay, Book the Herald then use Doom Cal on the effect, and then he runs out of Fairies, I tehn Brain and instantly realise the misplay. I know that if he doesn't top a Fairy I have a chance, I set Blizzard (I have Sirocco face down) and end. I am on 3200 (Solemn + Brain) He has taken no damage. He doesn't top a fairy, ends, I then draw, flip Sirocco and Blizzard, synchro for BRD and hope. And he doesn't discard anything, the field goes boom then I Vayu/Sirocco for a Armed Wing, then summon Bora, attack for 4k and pass. I have Kalut + DAD in hand, he gets Relinquished and takes the Armed wing ( I have 2 Darks in grave.) He contemplates attacking, attacks and I let it go. I then top DCK and that's the game, his 1 in hand card whether it be Gorz or not cannot save him now (I think it may have been). I drop DAD, blow up, summon DCK and he scoops it up.

6-0 Come on lads!

I know I now own another mat, but I really want to go 7-0.

Round 7 vs Ashleigh with Frog Monarchs, indeed. This is his first tournament in years, and he's 6-0 with this lads. w00p w00p.

Game 1

I wreck, put him to about 2k T2 by Bora'ing his SubToad. I then win next turn.]

Game 2

He soul exchanges twice, does a SubToad combo into Frog so he dumps Treeborn, then goes into double Duper Frog. I have many ways to get over this Wall, like Icarus Blizzard, which I have. I decided to leave it until I draw something else, but I do not draw another monster. he eventually gets Caius and I lose.

Game 3 Goes to time ¬_¬

I get to 6600, he's on 8000. He drops LADD, attacks Kalut and I drop Kalut to lower the damage. I then attack with DAD for 500, he gets Caius, I blow it up. He then his last turn of time. He gets Frog, the new toad card and a set monster. I realise now after I top Brain if I hadn't blown up the Caius I could have won, he then shows me the Battle Fader in his hand, and then extend the hand. Good game man, well done.

I get 12 packs and my mat. Pull ulti first ed Infernity Doom Dragon, the secret rare infernity magic card, HOP, some supers and that's it, so a lot of stuff for £7 so I'm pleased.

Peace out guys, hope you enjoyed, PM me if you want the list Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am